Thursday, May 15, 2008

Process

I thought I'd document the process I go through to make a finished work of raw genius. For some reason, I can't find my original thumbnails, so here is the next step, my preliminary sketch.


Directly below is the final pencil sketch I used, to get the placement exactly right. I transfer this onto bristol board using a lightbox, then ink it.

Here is the final inked artwork, using a Princeton (cheep!) 5 brush. Notice I left out a few of the letters. That's because these letters appear more than once in the phrase. I can copy them in Photoshop to achieve a more uniform typeface.

This is the finished bit of art. Though I could achieve a similar clean shape in Illustrato, I prefer Photoshop out of habit.

I'll probably continue to tweak this a few more times to make it even more betterer.
Stay posted.

No comments: